What is RSS?
RDF Site Summary (RSS) files, based on XML, provide an open method of
syndicating and aggregating Web content. Using RSS files, you can create
a data feed that supplies headlines, links, and article summaries from
your Web site. This site is an aggregation of RSS content using SQLData
What is the RSS News Reader?
SQLData RSS Reader is a browser-based tool for accessing news feeds
in RSS formats. The tool allows you to browse available news services
and read news summaries online. Current implementation supports RSS
0.92 and RSS 1.0.
How to use the RSS Reader?
You can use any one of the following methods to read news online:
- Click on links on the left panel to read news feeds.
- Use the Service Index to look up available services.
- Get news feed using the forms below.
If you don't know any RSS file address, here is a form to search for
the latest news of your interest.
Bookmark your favorites
You can read your favorite news with a single click:
- Enter your RSS file address in the textbox above and click the Get
- Drag & Drop the URL to your desktop or add a bookmark to your
You can provide RSS news feeds, similar to the RSS Reader, using
Client Library. Here is a working sample for IIS:
' retrieve the file using a cache manager, cache expires in 6000 seconds
content = MyAgent.RetrieveFile(request("uri"), "c:\temp\cache", 6000)
if content<> "" then
' load the rss file and transform the feed to HTML format
Transformed = MyAgent.Transform("http://soapclient.com/rss.xsl", "", content)
The address of the remote RSS file is given by uri. Assume the
code is in a file called RSS.ASP, user can then use
to read the news.
- Copyrights of news summaries displayed on this site belong to
- We are thankful to Moreover, 10.am,
and Userland for providing RSS directory services and news
feeds to us.